YOUR GUIDE TO PYC
Welcome! We are committed to making your experience with us easeful and fun. Here are some tips for you as you begin your Power Yoga journey with us.
- You can either drop in or sign up for any class (unless specifically stated). If you do sign up, your spot is held up to 10 minutes prior to the start of class.
- We rent mats for a nominal fee, and have blocks and straps available for you to use for free. If you have your own, bring them!
- You’re going to sweat, so bring a towel with you as well. We also rent them if you forget or would prefer not to bring your own.
- Ensure you bring a water bottle filled with water and/or electrolytes. It is important to stay hydrated. Water fountains are available at most studios that enable you to refill.
- Come to the studio 15 – 20 minutes early to familiarize yourself with the space and to get setup for your first class. If you didn’t purchase a class and fill out a waiver online, you will have time to do that as well.
- Change rooms are available for you to use and cubbies are available to store any items you will not take into the yoga room. Please keep any valuables in your car. We do not have lockers that can be locked.
- Introduce yourself to the teacher! We love meeting new people and s/he will be able to support you and answer your questions.
- Place your mat anywhere in the room you feel comfortable—front, middle or back. If you are not sure which direction the front of the room is, just ask.
- You’ll notice that we do not ask students to stay quiet while in the yoga room because it’s the perfect opportunity to create connection. After placing your mat down and setting up your space, get to know your neighbours! Talk, laugh and share.
- Give yourself time to learn the practice and the poses. Power Yoga is an intuitive practice, which means you are welcome to adapt poses and/or take a short break in Child’s Pose. We ask that you listen to your body.
- If you would like more support, we offer private yoga classes and in-class assists.